In a perfect world, your child could get all the omega-3 fats he or she needs through their diet, especially from fish. But not every kid enjoys the flavor of fish...
Plus, studies show that eating fish can potentially expose your child to a high degree of contamination with industrial pollutants and toxins like mercury, PCBs, heavy metals, and radioactive poisons.
The FDA and EPA have even published health advisories warning against certain fish and shellfish consumption for:
- Young children
- Women who are pregnant or may become pregnant
- Nursing mothers
Giving your child fish oil is just as bad...
Fish oil is typically made from fish that eat other fish, so mercury and heavy metal contamination is a real potential danger. And fish oil is very perishable. The resulting oxidation found in fish oils requires high levels of antioxidants to prevent the formation of potentially harmful free radicals and protect against the damage they inflict.*
These are all solid reasons why I recommend my high-quality Antarctic krill oil for kids, Kids’ Krill Oil, over fish oil.
The Total Package, Kids’ Krill Oil Contains Powerful Antioxidants AND Essential Omega-3 Oils
When I first learned about this pure marine oil, I was extremely impressed with the many benefits and the solid research behind its unique combination of antioxidants, omega-3 fats, and other nutrients.*
Krill oil contains naturally occurring astaxanthin and a flavonoid with a novel molecular structure. Flavonoids are powerful antioxidants, but, before now, they haven’t been found in anything except plants like vegetables, fruits, and algae.
Astaxanthin and this unique marine-source flavonoid create a special bond with EPA and DHA, allowing direct metabolism of the antioxidants.* Plus, unlike fish oils which can quickly go rancid, astaxanthin helps manage spoilage.*
Here’s a quick glance of just some of krill oil’s many potential benefits:
- Supports a healthy heart*
- Helps maintain blood sugar levels already in the normal range*
- Supports healthy joints and overall joint comfort*
- Supports a healthy brain and nervous system function and development*
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels already in the normal range*
- Supports your child’s immune system*
- Supports a healthy mood*
Krill’s Secret Weapon for Getting the Omega-3s Into Your Child’s Cells
Unlike fish oils, krill oil carries omega-3s in the form of phospholipids – liposomes or little packages that deliver the fatty acids directly through the cell membranes and into your child’s body's cells.
Scientific evidence shows that the safest and most effective carriers of EPA and DHA are these phospholipids. Unfortunately, standard fish oils lack this phospholipid complex. Instead, they contain omega-3 fatty acids in the less-beneficial form of ethyl esters or triglycerides.
Why are phospholipids so important? In a nutshell, they…
- Provide the building blocks for your child’s cell membranes*
- Regulate cellular transport by functioning as “gate-keepers”*
- Help protect your child’s cell membranes from free radicals*
This unique relationship between the phospholipids and omega-3 fatty acids greatly facilitates the passage of the fatty acid molecules through your child’s intestinal wall.* This helps them in three ways:
- Makes the omega-3 fats in krill oil more bioavailable than those in fish oil*
- Allows EPA and DHA to directly enter your child’s cells*
- Improves your child’s omega-3 to omega-6 ratio*
Although some omega-6 fats are good for health, the balance of omega-6s to omega-3s is crucial.* Unfortunately, most people consume an overabundance of omega-6 fats when they eat processed foods. The phospholipids in krill oil can help balance this ratio and provide your child with more omega-3 fats.*
This krill oil phospholipid “secret weapon” just adds more solid support to why I strongly recommend krill oil – and especially my Kids’ Krill Oil for children.
We’ve taken my Kids’ Krill Oil to the next level with a very special formulation…
An Additional Bonus… Organic Astaxanthin, the ‘King of the Carotenoid Antioxidants’
When it comes to antioxidants, it’s hard to beat astaxanthin for all it offers…
Astaxanthin is different from other antioxidants in that it can cross your child’s blood-brain and blood-retinal barriers, and actually becomes part of their cell membranes.
Plus it can reach just about every cell in their body and acts on at least five different inflammation pathways.
Astaxanthin’s unique features offer your child a full array of potential benefits, including:
- Supports an already healthy normal inflammatory response*
- Helps protect all parts of your child’s cells from free radical damage, including heart cells’ mitochondrial membranes*
- Supports eye health and aids blurred vision, eyestrain, and tired eyes*
- Helps minimize DNA damage to skin from sun exposure*
- Supports immune function*
- Helps protect your child’s brain neurons and supports cognitive and psychomotor function*
Because astaxanthin helps protect mitochondrial membranes, it may be especially beneficial to the parts of your child’s body that contain the most mitochondria, like her heart, brain, liver, and muscles.*
For Your Child’s Health, We Source the Finest Organic Astaxanthin
One of the best sources (if not the best) of naturally occurring astaxanthin is a very unique type of microalgae called Haematococcus pluvialis.
In fact, this is how sea creatures like salmon and krill get their brilliant red pigmentation – by eating this microalgae!
I can’t recommend just any astaxanthin. Over 95 percent of the astaxanthin on the market today is produced synthetically, much of it for feeding to farmed salmon. Petrochemical-derived astaxanthin is much less expensive than astaxanthin from H. pluvialis, but it’s absolutely unequal in value.
The H. pluvialis we source for our organic astaxanthin is grown in glass tubes connected with special hoses that don’t use plastics, like the flexible PVC hoses other growers use. PVC hoses contain phthalates – toxic chemicals and endocrine disruptors – that can leach into the astaxanthin oils.
Plus, our grower carefully controls what is fed to the astaxanthin-producing algae. All the nutrients are organic compliant and only those allowed by the National Organic Program to meet USDA organic certifications.
The whole growing process is audited to the USDA National Organic Program. Third party auditors check all nutrients used and audit the complete process on a yearly basis so you can be assured you receive nothing but Certified Organic astaxanthin.
Sustainability – A Crucial Element in Antarctic Fishing
What does a sustainable supply of krill mean to the environment?
Harvesting krill in the Antarctic can be challenging and expensive. This can lead some manufacturers to take shortcuts at the expense of the ecosystem and the quality of the krill oil product.
In fact, a recent sustainability report of 24 fisheries by NGO Sustainable Fisheries Partnership (SFP) found one-third or 3.5 million tons of fish stocks destined for fish oil supplements are “poorly managed.”
I find this alarming… I won’t accept shortcuts that harm the ecosystem or the quality product I bring to you. Fortunately, we found a supplier that takes a whole different approach, with a focus on high-quality practices and sustainability.
Here are just a few of the ways our Kids’ Krill Oil stands apart from the competition:
- Traceability – With sophisticated GPS systems aboard each harvesting vessel, the krill can be traced back to the exact Antarctic harvesting location. By carefully tracking where the krill is harvested, we can ensure the right amount of krill is harvested from each location.
- Sustainability – Along with supporting strict conservation measures set forth by The Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CCAMLR), unnecessary by-catch (catching other species) and over-fishing is avoided.
- Certified Sustainable by the MSC – The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) is an independent organization that certifies sea life is sustainably fished. The fishery that supplies our Kids’ Krill Oil was the first krill harvesting company to gain MSC certification.
- Controlled value chain – By controlling the entire supply chain, you have peace-of-mind knowing the highest levels of quality assurance are employed from harvesting, raw material processing, logistics, final processing, and internal/external audits.
Since sustainability is so vitally important to the environment, it sits high on our list of requirements...
The ONLY Fishery to Receive an “A” for Sustainability
The 24 fisheries in SFP’s report received 1 of 4 ratings for sustainability: A, B1, B2, or C. Here’s how they fared:
- 12 of the 24 fisheries received “C” ratings (and one was shut down)
- 11 received B1 or B2 ratings
- Only ONE fishery received an “A” rating – and it was ours!
I’m proud to say that the fishery that supplies the krill for our Mercola Krill Oil, Krill Oil for Women, and Kids’ Krill was awarded the only “A” rating for sustainability and management strategy.
In addition to taking the appropriate environmental steps to protect the krill species, the patent-pending technology that this fishery uses helps make the difference:
- Uses a direct hose connection mechanism to help ensure unwanted by-catch are singled out and released unharmed during harvesting
- Keeps the krill live and fresh by bringing them directly into the harvesting vessel using a continuous flow of water
The bottom line with this type of specialized harvesting is it not only helps ensure high-quality krill goes into Krill Oil, it minimizes environmental impacts and helps ensure the sustainability of Antarctic krill and other marine species.
In short, Kids’ Krill Oil is a source of omega-3 fatty acids that you can feel good about giving to your child!
Why Settle for Anything but the Best?
In addition to the extraordinary ingredients that formulate Kids’ Krill Oil, the supplement also capitalizes on an encapsulation and delivery system I consider second to none.
It’s this combination of krill, antioxidants, and the high-tech encapsulation/delivery system using hard capsules that makes this supplement an outstanding choice for kids.*
Utilizing this unique encapsulation and delivery system, and with hard capsules instead of soft capsules used by other manufacturers, we help protect the nutrients from potential...
- Leakage – Uses an innovative hermetical sealing process
- Oxidation – Helps ensure nutrient freshness by employing a nitrogen-flushing process during filling of the capsule
- Tampering – By creating an airtight capsule, it’s almost impossible to open one of our special hard capsules without leaving noticeable visible damage
Plus, the hard capsule we use helps enhance shelf-life through high-tech filling and sealing processes. You can rest assured that Kids’ Krill Oil is delivered with what I believe is the best encapsulation system that I’ve witnessed first-hand to date.
And because we use very small capsules for our Kids’ Krill Oil, your child can swallow them with ease!
Plus, There’s No Fishy Smell Like Other Krill or Fish Oil Brands – This ‘Sniff Test’ Proves It!
If you’ve ever opened a bottle of fish oil or krill oil, you’ve likely noticed a strong fishy smell.
Thanks to the advanced capsule technology we use, you don’t have to worry about unpleasant odors with my Kids’ Krill Oil.
Don’t just take my word for it… Watch this video below as we ask people to take a blind ‘sniff test’ and give us their reactions to the leading omega-3 supplements compared to my Antarctic Krill Oil.
Give Your Child the Gift of High-Quality Omega-3 Fats Today
Most likely your child consumes far too many omega-6 fats and too few omega-3s – most children eating processed food fall into this category.
A quick review of the science provides convincing evidence of how essential DHA and EPA are for your child’s developing brain and body.* And because today’s diets are so loaded with omega-6s only emphasizes the need for more omega-3s.
I think you’ll agree Kids’ Krill Oil is a small price to pay for the peace and reassurance you get from knowing you’re providing what your child needs, and from a source that’s not contaminated with dangerous heavy metals and mercury.*
Why not give your child the gift of Kids’ Krill Oil today? Order your supply now!