You made Krill Oil one of our most popular products. And now it's available especially for your kids – delivered in tiny Licaps® capsules made just for them.
These tiny Licaps are much smaller than the normal-sized Licaps capsules in your krill supplement. They’re much easier to swallow than our regular sized krill oil supplements.
Why Fish Is Not Such a Good Choice Anymore
Now in a perfect world, your child could get all the DHA and choline he or she needs through their diet, especially from fish. But many kids have an aversion to fish, perhaps even an extreme dislike of it. Kids’ Krill Oil is encapsulated in Licaps, so your child won’t even be able to smell the krill oil unlike most other fish oil and krill oil supplements.
Furthermore, studies show that eating fish can potentially expose your child to a high degree of contamination with industrial pollutants and toxins like mercury, PCBs, heavy metals, and radioactive poisons.
In fact, the FDA and EPA have published health advisories warning against certain fish and shellfish consumption for:
- Young children
- Women who are pregnant or may become pregnant
- Nursing mothers
And another concerning problem is fish oil is very perishable. Oxidation found in fish oils necessitates high levels of antioxidants to prevent formation of those pesky free radicals.*
These are all solid reasons why I recommend a high-quality Antarctic krill oil for kids, Kids’ Krill Oil, over fish oil.
Sustainability – A Crucial Element in Antarctic Fishing
What does a sustainable supply of krill mean to the environment?
Harvesting krill in the Antarctic can be challenging and expensive. This can lead some manufacturers to take shortcuts at the expense of the ecosystem and the quality of the krill oil product.
In fact, a recent sustainability report of 24 fisheries by NGO Sustainable Fisheries Partnership (SFP) found one-third or 3.5 million tons of fish stocks destined for fish oil supplements are “poorly managed.”
I find this alarming… I won’t accept shortcuts that harm the ecosystem or the quality product I bring to you. Fortunately, we found a supplier that takes a whole different approach, with a focus on high-quality practices and sustainability.
Here are just a few of the ways our Kids’ Krill Oil stands apart from the competition:
- Traceability – With sophisticated GPS systems aboard each harvesting vessel, the krill can be traced back to the exact Antarctic harvesting location. By carefully tracking where the krill is harvested, we can ensure the right amount of krill is harvested from each location.
- Sustainability – Along with supporting strict conservation measures set forth by The Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CCAMLR), unnecessary by-catch (catching other species) and over-fishing is avoided.
Certified Sustainable by the MSC - The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) is an independent organization that certifies sea life is sustainably fished.
The fishery that supplies our Kids’ Krill Oil was the first krill harvesting company to gain MSC certification.
- Controlled value chain – By controlling the entire supply chain, you have peace-of-mind knowing the highest levels of quality assurance are employed from harvesting, raw material processing, logistics, final processing, and internal/external audits.
Since sustainability is so vitally important to the environment, it sits high on our list of requirements...
The ONLY Fishery to Receive an “A” for Sustainability
The 24 fisheries in SFP’s report received 1 of 4 ratings for sustainability: A, B1, B2, or C. Here’s how they fared:
- 12 of the 24 fisheries received “C” ratings (and one was shut down)
- 11 received B1 or B2 ratings
- Only ONE fishery received an “A” rating – and it was ours!
I’m proud to say that the fishery that supplies the krill for our Mercola Krill Oil, Krill Oil for Women, and Kids’ Krill was awarded the only “A” rating for sustainability and management strategy.
In addition to taking the appropriate environmental steps to protect the krill species, the patent-pending technology that this fishery uses helps make the difference:
- Uses a direct hose connection mechanism to help ensure unwanted by-catch are singled out and released unharmed during harvesting
- Keeps the krill live and fresh by bringing them directly into the harvesting vessel using a continuous flow of water
The bottom line with this type of specialized harvesting is it not only helps ensure high-quality krill goes into Krill Oil, it minimizes environmental impacts and helps ensure the sustainability of Antarctic krill and other marine species.
In short, Kids’ Krill Oil is a source of omega-3 fatty acids that you can feel good about giving to your child!
Give Your Child the Gift of Omega-3 Fatty Acids Today
A quick review of the science will tell you that omega-3 fatty acids are essential for your child’s developing brain and body.* And with today’s diets loaded with so many omega-6s, getting enough omega-3s is especially important.
I think you can agree that Kids’ Krill Oil is a small price to pay for the peace and reassurance you’ll have from knowing you’re providing what they need, and from a source that’s not contaminated with dangerous heavy metals and mercury.*
Why not give your child the gift of Kids’ Krill Oil today?